How to Install ASIC Firmware for S17, S17 Pro, S17+ and S17E
The installation process for Hiveon ASIC Firmware is fairly simple and won’t require you to have extensive technical expertise to conduct it easily. Since the vast majority of devices use BTC_TOOLS, it is the instrument of choice for Hiveon’s ASIC firmware.
Prepare for the procedure
First of all, you need to download the installer archive for Antminer devices which can be found here.
- BTC_TOOLS allows you to scan the network and compile relevant information in a CSV file. In the file, search for the IPs and put them in the ips.ini file. The list can be made without additional tools in cases when you don’t have a huge farm. (Be sure to extract all files from the archive before launching, and only then perform the launch)
- Open the config.ini file and put in actual login and password information for either SHH or a web interface. When necessary, setting up a correct FARM_HASH value should be altered.
- Go to the download section of Hiveos and download the firmware for S17 and S17 Pro.
The next stage
The following procedure depends on the date of stock firmware for your device was issued. If the stock firmware was released before 1 July 2019, use the following process:
- Use the file from the archive called remsigallbefore_2019-07-01.tar.gz and flash the hardware. Multiple devices can be flashed using the web interface of the BTC_TOOLS toolkit. Any errors that may occur at this moment are normal and should not interfere with the procedure. (Be sure to extract all files from the archive before launching, and only then perform the launch)
- Use ASIC’s web interface or the BTC_TOOLS to flash the devices with the firmware. Then, launch the 3hashfarmforsigned.cmd to connect the ASIC to the web interface. (Be sure to extract all files from the archive before launching, and only then perform the launch)
If the stock firmware was released from July to December of 2019, use the following process:
- Use the 1openssh.cmd file to perform the script that will flash the devices and reboot them. Then, you need to wait for the process to be finished. It takes up to 5 minutes.
- The file 2upgradereplace.cmd will perform the next script. When the procedure is done, use the firmware to flash the devices again with the ASIC’s web interface of the BTC_TOOLS.
- launch the 3hashfarmforsigned.cmd to connect the ASIC to the web interface.
In case, your stock firmware was released after December 2019, you will need to use an SD-card installation procedure. First, go to the hiveOS download page and search for the archive suitable for your model of ASIC.
Use a FAT32-formatted MicroSD card and download the files from the archive to the card. Fill in FARM_HASH and HIVE_HOST_URL using the hash from the settings and the API server address respectively.
Put the card on the control board. The files will be loaded automatically. Turn off the device and remove the card. The installation is now complete.